Volvo Car Insurance
When you think of Volvo what comes to mind? Security? Affordability? Dependability? Perhaps. Drivers will be happy to know that they can also add cheap Volvo automobile insurance to this list. Car insurance is actually quite affordable for most of the different models, both used and new.
What's in Store for 2010?
In the showroom there are a number of new model sedans, crossovers, wagons and coupes for all your driving needs. The vehicles start at $24,000 and the most expensive model - the convertible C70 -starts at only $40,000. They come in both manual and automatic transmissions, a number of different engine options and excellent gas mileage. Furthermore, each model comes with a long list of features that makes your driving experience more pleasurable for the whole family.
The sedans that are making headlines include the S40 and the S80 while the sexy little coupes include the C30 and the C70 convertible. If you are looking for the standard wagon, check out the new generation of wagons with the V70 and the V50. Or, for those who want something a little more rugged, then the crossover models, including the XC60, XC70 and XC90 will get your heart racing and your engines running. Whatever you are looking for, Volvo has the car for you.
Five Reasons why Volvo Car Insurance is Affordable
There are a number of reasons why Volvo auto insurance continues to soar above the rest and stay below the national average, some of which have been highlighted for you below.
1) Because of the commitment to safety. All of the new models come with important safety features and many of the models have won safety awards. The midsize C30 and S80 both recently won Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety and the XC60 received American Traffic Safety Achievement Award" at this year's World's Traffic Safety Symposium . Furthermore, for as long as this Swedish manufacturer has been operating, they have taken the front seat for safety, solidity and reliability. So what does safety have to do with Volvo car insurance premiums? Everything. The safety of your vehicle is one of the biggest factors that impact your car insurance. In general, the safer your car is, the lower your car insurance premiums will be.
2) Because Volvo is a trusted name in the car world. It has been around since 1927 and, along with their parent company, Ford Motor Group, they have continued to surprise drivers with their dependability and quality of service. In recent years the Swedish vehicles have also made a name for themselves in the younger generations, especially with the new CX60 that is featured in the New Moon movie as the vehicle of choice for vampire heartthrob Edward Cullen. It would appear everyone, including the undead, want a piece of this trusted vehicle name.
3) Because the typical Volvo driver is a good driver. Another reason why Volvo car insurance is so affordable is because the driver's of these vehicles take care on the road. Although there are many different models under this Swedish manufacturer, some of the best sellers appeal to the experienced driver with families. There are less young drivers crashing Volvo's than some of the zippier sports cars and thus the insurance premiums are a lot lower. As long as the Volvo driver remains safe on the road, then the Volvo automobile insurance prices will remain low.
4) Because of the commitment to be the best at everything. This includes Volvo car insurance, resale value, affordability, reliability, safety, design and gas mileage. And, although it does not win in every single category hands down, it does rank high in most categories. Many companies, such as Forbes Autos, have ranked Volvo as one of the best in the business .
5) Because of the excellent crash test ratings. In addition to safety, another important factor that will impact your ability to get cheap car coverage is how the car fairs in regards to collision and injury expense claims. As mentioned above, Volvo drivers are usually careful drivers but in the case of a collision or accident, the expense claims tend to remain a lot lower than some of the other vehicles on the road. The reason is because these vehicles are built to last and do not crumble under impact.
Furthermore, unlike some of the more deluxe vehicles with the large price tags to match, most of the models can be fixed and parts can be ordered without costing an arm and a leg.
How to Get the Best Rate on Volvo Car Insurance
If you are looking for additional ways to save on your Volvo car insurance, then you've come to the right place. Below are five tips to drive away with a bargain on Volvo vehicle insurance:
• Check your credit report and driver's history - before you simply accept the car premium, find out what your credit report and driver's history are doing to your rates. Apart from the type of car you drive, these two factors are also important when it comes to getting an excellent vehicle coverage deal. If there any mistakes or problems with your reports, talk to the experts about getting this fixed before accepting a Volvo car insurance rate.
• Check your mileage - car insurance will also depend on how much you drive to work in a week. Do not lie about your mileage but consider looking into ways to lower the amount you drive every week. If it's possible, look into carpooling to work or riding your bike on those nice summer days. Every little mile counts.
• Consider co-operative vehicle coverage - keep in mind that, apart from the number of different regular car insurance companies, there is also co-op vehicle coverage. Although co-op is not for everyone, it can help you save a small fortune for certain groups of people. Make sure you compare co-operative Volvo vehicle insurance prices as well as the standard insurance carriers.
• Check your state average. Another way to ensure you are getting a bargain is to check to see what others in your area are paying for vehicle coverage. Look to your state department to determine the average car insurance premiums for drivers in your area. In general, those who live in high crime large cities will have higher coverage premiums than those who live in smaller rural towns.
• Compare and save. And, finally, make the most out of the technological world by doing a simple comparison search online. You will be able to compare a number of different Volvo car insurance carriers as well as a number of different policy options to determine the best value for your situation. Do not only check the price but also check the deductibles and the extras offered with each company. A simple search can save you hundreds each year on Volvo auto insurance.
The trusted name, the commitment to safety and the standard of quality are only three of the reasons why Volvo continues to be a name we love in the world of cars. You can now add cheap Volvo car insurance to this list of what makes these models such a huge worldwide success.
 http://www.media.volvocars.com 1 November 2009
 http://www.forbesauto.com 1 November 2009